OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) sprinklers_pi – An alternative sprinkler control program Re: Re: sprinklers_pi – An alternative sprinkler control program

dkossman

I’ve just received my OpenSprinkler 1.2 board and it’s hooked up to my new Rev B Pi and wired to my sprinklers. I installed sprinklers_pi and its dependencies, set up the schedules, zones and wunderground key, set the output to openSprinkler, etc. However, I’m seeing unreliable valve control – both when using the Manual option and when scheduling. the symptom is that sometimes a zone doesn’t turn on when it should, and sometimes it doesn’t turn off when it should. I’m checking the output voltage directly on the station pins. once it gets stuck, the only solution is to use the Advanced/reset function. the app continues to run and everything appears to be OK, but station control stops working.

I shut down the sprinklers_pi app and ran the ospi_selftest program, and this runs fine – all zones started and stopped as expected (i had disconnected everything, so this test was with no load, whereas when i was testing sprinklers_pi, the valves were connected).

I did notice that the output of i2cdetect has some UU entries – could this be the issue?

pi@raspberryospi ~ $ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: — — — — — — — — — — — — —
10: — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
20: — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
30: — — — — — — — — — — — UU — — — —
40: — — — — — — — — 48 — — — — — — —
50: — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
60: — — — — — — — — UU — — — — — — —
70: — — — — — — — —

Has anyone else run into this? Thanks for any suggestions.

Don