OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) 1.42+ both F1 locations populated? What are the parts?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JimS
    Participant

I have a OSPI 1.42+ that I recently blew the 24V fuse on (Accidentally shorted out things when testing). In looking at the board I see that both the small glass fuse and a parallel surface mount part are installed. The schematic labels them both F1. I exported the parts from Eagle but it doesn’t give a very good list of parts. I have pieced together some details from other users posts and looking at other versions that have parts lists on line.

The part listed on the bom for F1 is no longer a valid digikey part number and that is all there is on the bom for identification. What is the actual manufacturer and part number for this part? Same for the surface mount part – what is it? I shorted out the F1 location and put a 1/4″ x 1-1/4″ fuse in the 24V line before it came in connector J0. It’s big with a holder and doesn’t fit in the case but I was already not using the case cover so no big deal with that. And it’s easily replaced if it ever goes out again.

Ray
    Keymaster

Can you post a picture of the fuse? These parts are generally available on Amazon or eBay.

JimS
    Participant

I can get a picture tonight but it’s the one that came on the board when I bought it. I found a replacement that isn’t the same size that works. I just would like to know what the two parts used originally on the board for F1 are.

Ray
    Keymaster

The original fuse is rated 2A. Pretty much any fuse you can find that can fit there is ok, doesn’t have to be the same size. If you can’t find a fuse, you can temporarily use a wire to short it across the fuse to get the controller to power up again.

JimS
    Participant

The fuse opened because I accidentally shorted things. Just replacing the fuse with a wire seems like a poor suggestion to me as the fuse prevented other damage. I can find other fuses that will fit. But I used an external fuse holder so the fuse is easily replaced and also a more readily available size.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) 1.42+ both F1 locations populated? What are the parts?