OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler 12VDC pond pump control

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kerryk
    Participant

I have used the DC version of Opensprinkler to control a 12V 5 watt pond pump. It works, but the pump is underpowered. I purchased this Fortric 12V 1.2A pump (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AA864ZQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I attached it to one station on the Opensprinkler and the station shows that it is running with a current of about 2.3 amp, but the pump does not operate. My power supply is a DC 12V 2A power supply, but I recall that there is a limit on the current draw (2.0A?) on the controller. Any suggestions on how I might get this combo to work? Thank you very much.

Kerry
    MetroGrow Hawaii

szormpas
    Participant

Hi Kerry,

maybe the polarity is important for your pump. Have you tried to connect the red wire (positive) to com and the black wire (negative) to zone output?

Sotirios

kerryk
    Participant

Sotirios,

Thanks, you got it! I forgot that I had to reverse the leads for my smaller pump too. I tried it out with the larger pump and it worked. It starts out with a higher current (I believe the default behavior to trigger the solenoids), then settles to about 1.3A.

Kerry

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, glad that you figured it out. Yes, the COM on OpenSprinkler DC is positive, and each station port is a MOSFET switch connected to ground (negative).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler 12VDC pond pump control