OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Add linear transformations to flow pulse rate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eyals
    Participant

My flow meter has rate of: Vol(l)=0.0031 pulse + 7. Unfortunately, I can’t enter 0.0031 to options factor as it become 0. In addition, there is no field to enter the free coefficient b (7). It is reasonable that such coefficient exists in cheap flow meters, as there is threshold flow until the meter response.
    Can you please fix it in some future version?

Thanks
    Eyal

Ray
    Keymaster

The scaling factor (0.0031) is not a big deal: you can just enter 0.31 or whatever can be represented, and then just keep in mind to scale it further down by 100 when you look at the numbers. The constant term (7 in your case) is a bit odd: I have never seen a flow meter that has a constant shift term. What’s the reason to have this term? Do you have a link to the flow meter so I can take a look at the spec?

eyals
    Participant

Hi Ray.
    Thank you for your reply.
    This is the flow meter:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967393748.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dloJwo8
    I did my own regression, using the municipality flow meter, and still got constant.
    Thanks
    Eyal

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

I am trying to think whether you can do some post-processing to incorporate the constant. Here is the idea: if you set the flow rate to simply 1.0, then the flow value you are getting is essentially flow sensor click count. From that can you use your formula to calculate the actual flow volume? After all, the flow value you are getting currently is just the flow sensor click count multiplied by the flow rate. So you can as well set the flow rate to 1 and do some calculation afterwards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Add linear transformations to flow pulse rate