OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Additional Start Times – different for Weather Adjusted and non-Weather Adjusted

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

phillipsdf
    Participant

An example: edit a program and set a time for a station – say 10 minutes and run it at 6am. Then add an additional start time at 4pm. If Weather Adjustment is not selected, the program will run for 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes again in the afternoon.

But if Weather Adjustment is selected, the program time appears to get split across all start times, so in this case, 5 minutes in the morning and 5 in the afternoon (assuming adjustment is 100%).

Somewhere in the documentation I saw something about additional start times being used to distribute resource use for long runs over the day. Okay, I’ll buy that. But the behavior should be the same for both Weather-Adjusted and non-Weather-Adjusted, shouldn’t it?

Ray
    Keymaster

I don’t understand the example you gave. If weather adjustment is 100%, that does not change the program run time at all — program run time is multiplied by the weather adjustment percentage number. So if it’s 100%, then a 10-minute long program is still 10-minute long. That doesn’t get reduced to 5-minute.Did you actually observe it or are you just guessing it based on your understanding?

Also, what you meant by “additional start times being used to distribute resource use for long runs” is the so called “cycle and soak” — it’s not at all what weather adjustment is doing. You can use additional start times to split, say, an original 1 hour long program to, say, 15 minutes long but repeating 4 times. This has nothing to do with weather adjustment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Additional Start Times – different for Weather Adjusted and non-Weather Adjusted