OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Android App Does not load

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yesterday my android app suddenly stopped working. It just loads with the OpenSprinkler logo and no further.
    I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting my phone, still the same problem.

HTC m8 with Marshmallow 6.0, app version 1.4.11.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

KSprinkler75
    Participant

I ran into something similar but if I left it for several minutes it eventually did login. It had something to do with changing the port number after I had already logged into the cloud service. When I logged out of the cloud service, it loaded instantly. I can’t remember what I did to resolve the problem, however.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried just letting it go. Eventually the screen just turns blank.

That brings up another point. I have had trouble with my cloud data. I niece I have the correct user/password, but once entered I get an error that my cloud data cannot be read. Is there a way to check/reset the cloud data?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just tried to load Opensprinkler on my sons phone, also running android 6.0. It initially loaded, I was able to sign in, but after I signed into my opensprinkler.com account (on left menu) I got a message alert (on upper right corner) stating “Unable to read Cloud Data”. I don’t know if the cloud data issue is related?

I tried multiple times to enter what I know is my password, but I still get the same message.

I am not sure what I did next, whether I signed out or not, but I closed the app, then tried to reopen. Now I get the same results as on my phone. The app will not open, it just freezes on the OpenSprinkler logo.

Samer
    Keymaster

I saw your other post, let us know if you need us to reset your cloud data by sending a support email and we will take care of it.

Can you sign in on Android using the browser (e.g. Chrome)? If not, can you try resetting your OpenSprinkler and trying to connect again?

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can sign in from browser on phone. I have rebooted, the pi, but the app will still not load.

Axel
    Participant

Same thing here. Opensprinkler Android app does not load. It just stays there with the Opensprinkler logo and then it goes black and stays like that. I can control my OSPI fine via Chrome on my phone.

Huawei Nexus 6P Android 7 stock.

I tried this on my son’s Motola Nexus 6 Android 7 and it loads fine.

I am a software developer so if you need logs send me a message.

Axel
    Participant

It is working now after about 3 weeks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine suddenly started working a few days ago, without the cloud data warning….

…then I got a new phone (same model, HTC One m8 with Marshmallow), did a backup of old phone and restore on new phone. Now, OpenSprinkler will not load on new phone.

I can load it on Chrome fine, but I get the cloud data warning again.

Is there any way to send an error log or something to get this figured out?

Samer
    Keymaster

This is quite an odd development and apologize for my delay in getting back to you about this. If you are willing, I can send you a debug version to be installed on your android device. This will allow you to tether the device to a computer and use Chrome to inspect the environment for errors. If you are willing to aid in this please let me know and I’ll give you the debug version.

Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely, I’m willing. I know just enough to be dangerous, but I love trying to figure stuff like this out.

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay awesome and thank you! The link to the binary is available here: https://build.phonegap.com/apps/1373249/builds

To be able to install it you need to enable developer mode: http://blog.syncios.com/enable-developer-optionsusb-debugging-mode-on-devices-with-android-4-2-jelly-bean/

One note, you will need to delete the App Store version first since they use the same ID.

Once installed, if you plug in the USB to the computer and open Chrome, you can inspect the app by navigating to: chrome://inspect. Ideally we will see a red error message in the console when it’s at the gray screen.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, now my wife’s to-do list just got moved down

Anonymous
    Inactive

I Got 7 errors. Here is my saved console output. Is there any other log files you need?

Samer
    Keymaster

Ah very interesting okay I got it now. I’ll get this fixed and try to push it asap. That’s perfect thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just curious, was it specific to my hardware/software setup? A.K.A, did I have something out of the ordinary?

Samer
    Keymaster

Nope not at all I believe the more recent android versions are doing better content security policy checks and my content policy is a bit thin and missing some things. I believe that’s causing it to refuse to load the JavaScript and thus the app just sits at a gray screen.

So no, this is an app issue that should effect all instances with the same version.

Axel
    Participant

I’ve been on Android 7 since the first developer preview in May. I did not apply any OS version updates/patches between the middle of Sept and Oct 1st when this problem disappeared on my Nexus 6P.

Samer
    Keymaster

Hmm I think Chrome is the underlying browser powering the app and I believe when you update Chrome in the App Store this likely changes the base that OpenSprinkler runs on. This is my only guess otherwise I can’t explain it.

Axel
    Participant

I use Dev Chrome which updates very frequently so your explanation makes sense.

Axel
    Participant

The issue could also have been caused by a Chrome bug in the dev branch which I use

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Android App Does not load