OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Can I add some software changes to work with latching valves?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

crossmax
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I’m setting up my sprinkler system and I bought a 9V latching valve thinking in a system without access to AC voltage, using a 9v battery and a rfm69 module to get a wireless valve. My idea has faded away, because I need a arduino or similar to manage a rfm module. The consumption for wireless system (arduino, rfm and valve) I think will be raised to a 9V battery. OpenSprinkler will runs in a raspberry pi located in the living room.

My problem, if I just want to manage the valve directly connected with OpenSprinkler, is controlling each state of latching valve. I need to define the opening state with a gpio pin (this is provided yet) but I need to define the closing state with another gpio pin also.

I’m programmer, but I’m not familiarized with OpenSprinkler code.

Can anyone give me a recommendation to get the software compatible with latching valves?

Thanks for reading me.

Ray
    Keymaster

Interfacing with latching valves requires hardware change, not just software change. So far the only product we have that supports latching valve is OpenSprinkler Bee (OSBee). It by default operates latching valves.

Now that OpenSprinkler 3.0 adopts modularized design, we are also planning to release a latching version of OpenSprinkler 3.0, which will probably happened in a few months.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Can I add some software changes to work with latching valves?