OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Can't get board to work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

IDtheTarget
    Participant

Hi!

I purchased an OSPi, along with three Orbit sprinkler manifolds. I haven’t been able to get the sprinkler valve to do anything, and I’m not seeing any voltage on the header screws when the manual program runs, so I don’t think it’s the sprinkler.

I first tried to load from NOOBS and then saw the caveat about how that doesn’t always work in the manual. So I reloaded with straight Raspian and then followed the instructions to build OSPi from the git repository. I can bring up the interface on both my laptop and Android app. But when I bring up a 15 second manual program, I see no voltage on station 1’s pins (even checked station 8, still no joy).

I’ve looked at the manual most carefully and I’m sure that I’m using the COM pins from the manual, but I’ve included pictures.

Help?

IDtheTarget
    Participant

Okay, can anybody please tell me how to open a support ticket? I’ve spent a few hundred dollars on this whole setup and I’m unwilling to just let it sit.

Thanks!

Mike
    Participant

To create a support ticket, click on the support link along the top of this page. Then click the create new ticket link on the top of the page that comes up.

What are you using for a power supply? You first picture doesn’t show one hooked up and the second picture shows wires in the power supply connection but you don’t mention what you’re using in the post.

You need a 24v AC power supply. The output on the terminals you’re measuring should be AC as well. What does the output from your power supply measure?

IDtheTarget
    Participant

Thanks for the instructions on the support ticket, I missed it somehow.

For the power supply, I purchased the OSPi with the 24VAC power supply as one purchase from the website. I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3, and the manual said that I’d probably also need to use the 5v micro-USB power supply as well, so I have both hooked up.

When I use a multi-meter, I see 24VAC on the screws on the orange connector. But I don’t see any voltage on any of the 8 lines on the green connector. I’m putting one lead on the COM connector and the other lead on each of the 8 connectors in turn. No voltage, even when running the manual program.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Can't get board to work