Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

rhldr
    Participant

Do you have any plans to enabled cloud-based management of OpenSprinkler? I’m aware you can setup remote access, but it’s really complex for many of us non-technical users. And I don’t like the idea of opening up a port to my home network. Ideally I would like to have my settings available in the cloud where I can make changes, and have the device get updated periodically.

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, development is under way to enable cloud-based management. This is likely going to take a while until we figure out all the technical details in the firmware. I can’t provide an accurate estimate of when this will be available, but we are definitely working towards it.

bgonderi
    Participant

Hopefully, this will be optional, and local-only configuration will always be supported as well.

Ray
    Keymaster

Local-only configuration will always be supported. The way this works is that the controller will establish a persistent connection with the cloud server, and monitor requests from the cloud server. At the same time, connections through directly typing in the IP address will still work.

bgonderi
    Participant

Great.

Will the “cloud” functionality (i.e. maintaining that persistent connection) be able to be disabled by the user?

Juan Brunette
    Participant

Is there any more development on this feature please? It would be great do not need DynDNS and to be able to connect IOT like or Cloud like to my Opensprinkler.

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, an initial version is being included in the upcoming firmware 2.1.9. It will be roughly similar to OpenGarage, which uses Blynk’s cloud management. Because OpenSprinkler user interface is much more complex (such as the programming interface), the initial cloud-based version will probably not support all features, but will allow you to monitor status and trigger a program to run or stop. Setting programs and checking log data most likely will still have to rely on local network access.

ressamendy
    Participant

Hi, I’m writing from Tyrkey. I have a few questions. Are you planning hardware modifications? For example, processor exchange. So you can get rid of a lot of unnecessary material. (For example, Atsamd21g18 and or St32L433 etc.)

Will you include heat and humidity sensors in the system? For underground.

Ray
    Keymaster

No hardware change expected at this time — the ESP8266 is a pretty good and low-cost WiFi chip. Since WiFi is quite essential, I am not sure why you would go with Atsamd21g18 and or St32L433 since they would involve two processors (one main processor and one WiFi chip). The beauty of ESP8266 is that it’s a single processor that also provide WiFi capability.

ginebrosa
    Participant

Any news on the cloud management?

I have serious troubles getting any remote access setup. I have read all your topics about, went through all on DD-WRT have ddns host, have forwarded ports etc. No avail. wont connect. So cloud management would be very welcome

lightsgo
    Participant

Did you put a “:” and the port number behind your DDNS address? Like myopensprinkler.ddns.com:8080

I did this and it connected right into the system and it works great.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.