OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Color Code the 2-Pin Connectors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Oleengr
    Participant

There are three identical 2-pin connectors on OpenSprinkler that connect to 24 VAC, Common, and the Rain Sensor. I like the idea of removable connectors; it makes for quick installation and removal. But, unless they are color coded to minimize (not preclude) the chance of misconnection, it’s an invitation to a damaged board, or transformer. There’s an old saying to the effect that if it can happen, it will.

All it takes is a couple, or three permanent marking pens applied to both pieces of each connector. I chose Red for the 24 VAC connector/plug, Black for the Common connector/plug, and nothing for the Rain Sensor. Maybe Blue for the third one would be appropriate. Any marking system is better than none.

Ray
    Keymaster

I agree with the concern, and I did think about this issue as I’ve heard one or two cases where users plugged the 24VAC into the COM terminal. I was considering using different connectors for different terminals, but in the end it’s difficult to source different parts. Your color coding suggestion is good, and I will post it in the instructions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Color Code the 2-Pin Connectors