OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Enable/Disable Programs Via a Range of Dates

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Oleengr
    Participant

Is this capability available on any OS hardware? Has this been discussed previously; I couldn’t find anything.

My watering requirements change dramatically over a 12 month period. With my V1.4X hardware and FW V1.8.3, I usually resorted to editing rather than have a bunch of disabled programs that can’t be named to describe their use.

With the V2.3 HW that I recently bought, I can easily make Summer, Winter, and InBetween schedules that I can recognize, but they still have to be manually turned ON or OFF throughout the seasons. It would be nice to enable each program over a range of dates, and have seasonal programs that are linked and activate automatically. In the low-desert climate that I live in (7 in. rain/year), adjustment by weather conditions borders upon being worthless, while there is a significant savings in water that can be made by seasonal adjustments. With the 6 irrigation circuits that I have, using linked seasonal programs would allow it to work throughout the year with almost zero manual intervention.

Ray
    Keymaster

That’s an interesting suggestion. So basically you want the program enable to be associated with a date range. This is certainly doable but will involve some UI changes, as well as increasing the program data size. I’ve put it on the todo list, but I suspect this will be a low priority as I don’t know if this feature is widely needed.

dlogik
    Participant

I agree this would be a very useful feature, there are certain programs we don’t want to run in winter due to frost and pipes freezing. Is it any closer to being implemented? Thanks

rhys
    Participant

I’d like to up-vote this too…
    Currently I do pretty much the same as Oleengr with multiple season tagged programs and manually enable/disable as and when.
    I do use the water level calculations, which are great, but still prefer different overall scheduling for our different seasons…

Ray
    Keymaster

ok, i’ve put this feature on todo list and it should be fairly easy to implement.

SkullKill
    Participant

+1 for this feature.

in Perth, WA, Australia,

“A permanent Winter Sprinkler Ban applies to scheme and bore water users in Perth, Mandurah and some parts of the South West from 1 June–31 August every year.”

https://www.watercorporation.com.au/home/faqs/saving-water/how-are-my-watering-days-determined

so for my case, i would configure it to automatically turn off on 1 June, and automatically turn on on 1st September (when this feature is supported)

SkullKill
    Participant

Hi, just wondering if there has been any update on this feature implementation by any chance ?

Betterkeks
    Participant

I would also like to use this feature. I too am in Perth, Western Australia and just had to manually disable reticulation programs on two sites, which I have to re-enable in three months’ time. I know it’s just twice a year, but zero times a year would be awesome.

Ray
    Keymaster

There is an implementation of this feature in a development branch of the firmware currently:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Firmware/tree/scheduler-feature
    it hasn’t been merged into the master branch yet but we are working on it.

Matt Bateman
    Participant

Any updates on this feature being merged? I too would really like this functionality. I have many seasonal programs that I have to manually turn on/off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Enable/Disable Programs Via a Range of Dates