• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mcg1103
    Participant

This error is on the mobile WEB app (not the mobile app)

Not getting this error in the 8080 webapp or the mobile app.

http://192.168.1.109/sprinklers Then press the current status button. I get the progress spinner and does not go anywhere. Also when doing a submit on the rain delay page.

Firmware is version 1.8.3. New install.

Getting this in the error log on every click (Mobile WEB App Only):

[Sat May 10 07:57:45.458570 2014] [:error] [pid 842] [client 192.168.1.101:33699] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_encode() in /var/www/sprinklers/main.php on line 1162, referer: http://192.168.1.109/sprinklers/

So far loving this thing.

Samer
    Keymaster

Your PHP install lacks JSON extension. Try the following command on your Beagle: sudo apt-get install php5-json

mcg1103
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I did that on your advice and you are correct it was not installed. But I was still getting the error. I then did a

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo shutdown -r now

that seem to fix the mobile web.

Thanks for your help!

-mark

Samer
    Keymaster

No problem!

In case you aren’t aware the mobile app is also available from the app store on all mobile platforms. This doesn’t require Apache, PHP, or any setup on your part. It also allows you to enjoy features of a native app such as multitasking, etc. The reason I mention this is web app development has slowed down in favor of the native apps. Newer features likely won’t be ported back to the web app.

mcg1103
    Participant

I got the native android ap going as well. Very nice.

The mobile web ap has some features the native ap does not have, correct? LIke the yahoo weather based rain delay setup and the ability to automatically shut off manual mode at midnight?

One thing I noticed with the MOBILE WEB AP:
    I opened port 80 and 8080 on my router but I noticed the mobile web ap has trouble when I am outside my firewall. Is it using any other ports other than 80 and 8080? I can’t connect, like the port 80 is not open. Yet port 8080 is working fine.

I am also using dns masq so my domain resolves differently on my lan then on the wan. Could that be the problem?

No big deal just curious. This think is working great. So much fun to turn the sprinklers on from inside when my kids are in the back yard….

-Mark

Samer
    Keymaster

You are correct about the differences between the native app and the web app. The two you mentioned plus lack of logging feature. The latter is being implemented into firmware and will soon be parsable by the mobile app.

The native app needs only port 8080. This is the port to the OSPi/OSBo setup.

The web app needs only port 80. This is the port to Apache or other webserver serving the web app. It will connect locally (127.0.0.1:8080) to the OSPi/OSBo.

Update: Also, make you the config.php in the web app doesn’t have force_ssl (unless you want it then you open port 443 instead). SSL is the preferred method when possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.