OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Ethernet locked up; LCD displays “NTP Syncing”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gary
    Participant

I have been using the OpenSprinkler for a number of years and it is awesome.

I want to report this, and i will update if i see it again.

I recently upgraded a 2.3 a/c OpenSprinkler to firmware version 2.19

I was looking at a program using the mobile app on an android phone and making some changes (I don’t that often) and suddenly, i got no response.

I have it plugged into a nano wi-fi as a client. I was able to ping the nano but could not ping the OpenSprinkler

The sprinklers all still worked, i could see the zones starting and stopping.

It is in a hard place to get to and i just went to look at it and the LCD said “NTP Syncing” and it was stuck there.
    I powered it off and back on, it did a quick NTP Sync and is back to normal.

I have never seen it do that before and i hope i don’t see that again.

NTP IP 204.9.54.119 port 13650
    IP of OS is 192.168.101.220
    gateway 192.168.101.1
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    DNS Address 8.8.8.8

Ray
    Keymaster

Hmm, this sounds quite unusual as the ‘NTP syncing’ step is guarded by a timeout (60 seconds by default) so it really shouldn’t be stuck like that for more than 60 seconds. Has this happened again?

gary
    Participant

It has not happened since. But i don’t modify programs often.

Timing wise, I was right in the middle of modifying programs on my android phone with the OS app when it happened.

Pure speculation, but perhaps doing the program update coincidentally just as the NTP was syncing is what may have caused it.

What somewhat unexpectedly surprised me is that it only caused the Ethernet to lock up (sprinklers kept going on and off as expected).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Ethernet locked up; LCD displays “NTP Syncing”