OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) how about selling a preconfigured Sd card for Rpi?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

declanslater
    Participant

Hey Ray,

I’m looking at re-inststalling everything due to a sudden “-110 error” on boot, I never was able to get: the opensprinkler software to boot in rc.local, get logs working, or the weather based rain delay working. Any chance you would be willing to start selling an SD card that was preconfigured and easily updateable somehow?

I thought this Rpi sprinkler project would save me time, but this thing is KILLING me with too much time away from my family, I’m kinda regretting not going with the regular opensprinkler board.

Thanks!
    Declan.

rave
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more.
    BTW, you don’t necessarily have to sell a card, but make available an image to flash will be a very big improvement.
    Also, upgradability is mandatory.
    Going for the git every time and hoping nothing breaks, is painful.

Ray
    Keymaster

I agree that a preconfigured SD card is necessary, however, I frankly don’t have any spare time to work on this right now. If someone is willing to prepare an image file, and set it up so it’s easily upgradable, I am more than happy to host the file. I think the bigger issue is the update: since a lot of the software features are under development and testing, and frequently updated, there is no guarantee that a precofigured SD card, after software update, is bug-free.

Andrew
    Participant

I was thinking that once the interval program has settled down a little, setting up a repository with it in it as a deb package would be good. And then to address this request hosting another deb or script that does all the basic setup specific to the OSPi would be relatively easy.

Then it should be simple enough to supply a single command to add the repository and install the packages.

rave
    Participant

I can post my SD image, configured with:
    – RPi v2 (512MB) settings
    – Apache + PHP for the mobile web
    – demo folder with interval program set to run on boot

I am updating the demo and mobile web folders via git currently, which is rather OK, but of course not a final product/solution for everyone.
    Anyway, I think it is a good starting point to replace reading through the multiple online manuals, and users can further customize it.
    The 2nd step would be to provide a small shell script (or web?) to configure to different RPi models, the rest should be fairly web-based (stations names, programs etc.)

declanslater
    Participant

that would be great! Where do you think I could find the image that you are talking about?

declanslater
    Participant

So, hey…

I’d really be happy to pay someone some money to post a working updated image or sell me an SD card that has the latest updates, logging working, and runs the new mobile web app written by Samer Albahra (with clear instructions on how to load the image also). PLEASE HELP!

This really needs to be simpler…

Thanks!
    Declan Slater

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) how about selling a preconfigured Sd card for Rpi?