February 7, 2015 at 2:49 am #35516
<div>I am new to OSPi. A couple of things don’t seem right with what is displayed in my web browser from the interval program.</div>
<div>1.When I run a simple program in auto on the Home page display the status indicator in the column next to the station number always displays as OFF even though the valve gets turned on as it should. I expected this indicator to turn green and either display ON or count down showing the time to go for the station.</div>
<div>2. When I try Run Once to turn S08 on for 5 minutes the log entry is wrong. Date for the log entry shows:</div>
<td style=”text-align: center;”>1970-01-01</td>
<td style=”text-align: center;”>00:00:00</td>
<td style=”text-align: center;”>S08</td>
<td style=”text-align: center;”>23722023:18</td>
<td style=”text-align: center;”>0</td>
<div>I have tried Run Once for S01 and the log entry shows correct values. All other log entries show correctly with correct time and date.</div>
<div>I have also given Rich Zimmerman’s sprinklers_pi program a whirl and it all appears to work correctly.</div>
<div>Your advice would e appreciated</div>February 7, 2015 at 11:59 am #35517
The date 1970-01-01 indicates that the Pi has not set the time on boot. It should get the correct time from the internet when it starts up.
The Python Interval program depends on the time and time zone settings of the Pi for correct operation. Be sure the time zone is set using “sudo raspi-config”, under 4 Internationalisation Options.
You can check the time from the command line with “date”.
There is more information on the wiki at:
It is not necessary to do a full RTC setup but this should give you some useful information.
DanFebruary 7, 2015 at 3:08 pm #35519
thanks for the reply. Problem is not pi setting time and date at boot. It is only the line in the log where I tried to run once to turn on S08 that shows incorrect date. Other lines in the log before and after the incorrect line have the correct time and date. Date command shows correct date and time and I have set the time zone up correctly.February 8, 2015 at 5:53 pm #35526
Is that repeatable?
It sounds like you have everything set to work properly.
When I try it here It shows the correct time and date.
DanFebruary 8, 2015 at 6:49 pm #35528
Yes it is repeatable but after a bit more testing I have found it happens for any station as follows:
1. Set a Run Once on any single station to turn on for say 1 minute.
2. Set another run once to turn on a different single station for 1 minute before the station from step 1 has completed.
This sequence will turn off the first station before its run once has completed and its log entry will show with the 1970-01-01 zero date. If the run once is allowed to complete normally then the log entry will have the correct date.
The other problem I reported regarding the station status indicators on the home page is a browser issue. From Windows 7 they display as I expected using Firefox or Chrome but not with IE11.
Regards Keith FiskFebruary 10, 2015 at 11:47 am #35539
I can replicate the problem based on your instructions. I’ll look for a fix.
This bug is related to the way the program logs run durations. It is something that needs changing but is not a simple tweak. I will need to put some time into it. I will work on it as soon as the next update is released which is almost ready to go. I don’t want to delay the update because it includes some very useful new features.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.