OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App IPhone app port # issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bill_s

I have the android app on my tablet and the apple app on my Iphone. I was playing with changing the port number of the timer and after doing such I could connect to the sprinkler timer (opensprinkler) with my tablet and from a brower window on my PC but could not connect to the controller with the IPhone 4. I phone was fine after resetting the port to 80.

I also noticed that when I change the port number (via web browser on PC) That the port used does not actually change until the controller is powered off and back on (not an app issue but a firmware issue, unless intentional).

Love the app and controller features and will enjoy it more when I can get my ISP to enable some ports so that I can get port forwarding to work. Thanks for all the continuing efforts to improve the project.

Samer
    Keymaster

You have to change the port on the site using the “Manage Sites” button. You can find this from the side panel on the home page or in the settings page. After you change the port, you append the port to the IP using IP:Port. The addition is the colon and the port number (no spaces).

Let me know if that helps.

bill_s

Your instructions are exactly what I did. The anddroid tablet worked find doing this but the I phone would not. It is not neccessisarily a problem for me unless I can not get my ISP to open port 80. I was just checking to see If I would be able to use a different port. The problem seemed isolated to the I phone app.

The fact that the timer does not change the port with out a power cycle did confuse me for a while and is a little incovienient since the timer is a located a considerable distance from my house where I was trying to get this to work but it is not like one changes the port frequently.

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

@bill_s: you are right that the modified port number is only effective after a reboot. If you click on the ‘show tooltip’ button on the ‘set options’ page, there is a brief explanation of each option, and for the HTTP port option it says ‘effective after reboot’.

Samer
    Keymaster

You don’t need to physically cycle the power either. The timer has a reboot option in software also available in the mobile app.

bill_s

Thanks for the replys. I missed the reboot capability in the app. I had changed the port # using the web interface and had looked for a reboot capability from there but did not see any. That is when I decided to cycle power. Is it possible reboot from web interface? I do not consider this issue a problem for me presently anyway. I just thought I would see if there might be a problem with this feature as I was not able to make it work.

In another thread I see continued improvements are coming in setting individual station water times within a program (if I understood it properly). This would be a great improvement (and make it behave a bit more like traditional timers) as I have different times on most stations. We have a real water shortage this year in CA and I am trying to taylor each station to provide water at level of plant sustainment and no more. This product is very helpful in achieving this goal.

Thanks for the fast responses and keep up the good work. So far the timer and epansion unit are working well in their daily tasks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App IPhone app port # issue