OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use Is your tank running too low ? Are your programs draining too much from it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ottorino
    Participant

Hi all,
    here you will (hopefully !) find a solution to address the question in the topic title.

Last year I did not pose the question to myself, since I did not have the evapotranspiration corrections available.

In these days, where my local Zimmermann corrections are in the 150 % range, I was forced to answer to the question !
    In fact, some days ago in the morning, I noticed that, after one hour or so from the last irrigation session, the flowmeter of the water supply was still running.

I made an R script (sorry. It’s the only program language I know) to calculate the possible water deficit.
    Since I think that R (https://cran.r-project.org/) is not much known in this community, the script is commented, to help you in the customization process.

It’s a matter of fluxes: the very large one for some stations (38 lt/min) and the very small flux from the water supply (3lt/min).
    The two fluxes are the combined with the frequency of the irrigation sessions.

I hope you’ll find it useful.

EDIT
    the file is too big to be attached
    You’ll find it here
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22036102/OpenSprinkler%20Flow%20rate%20analysis.zip

Ray
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing the script. If I understand it correctly, this script analyzes the log data to check if the water consumption is within the acceptable range, is that right?

ottorino
    Participant

Yes. It analyze only the past.

I realize that is not easy to modify the backup.json file.

If needed, I can modify the script to:
    export the data into a more readable and editable form as csv.
    modify the data (by the user)
    reimport the modified data and get the results for simulated programs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use Is your tank running too low ? Are your programs draining too much from it?