OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware It is necessary to connect OpenSprinklet to Acess Point?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ruben_gr
    Participant

Hi,

I build a Opensprinkler 3.2 version with dc board, and before start i think that i read that is not necessary to connect opensprinkler to a remote acess point and could run in acess point mode, it is true?

In my project, i don’t have acess point nearby, so this is a requirement.

Thanks for your help.

Ray
    Keymaster

OpenSprinkler does not require an access point to run — in fact, initially itself is an access point, allowing your phone or laptop to connect to it to set configurations. If you plan to use it in access point mode, just make sure to use the opensprinkler mobile app, and the device’s ip address is 192.168.4.1. Almost all functions will work in ap mode, except (for obvious reasons) any internet-dependent features like weather-based adjustment and NTP time sync (you can set device time manually).

ruben_gr
    Participant

Thanks Ray.
    Ok, i was thinking that could acess through browser.

Ray
    Keymaster

Technically it’s possible through the browser as long as you have a way to cache the javascript files. The reason to use app when the controller is in AP mode is that due to lack of Internet connection, the javascript files need to be accessible locally — the app embeds these so it will work fine. But there are also ways to cache them in a browser so you can use a standard browser as well.

We used to support browser apps (like Chrome apps) in the past, but over time such support has been dropped (for example, in recent news Google is discontinuing Chrome apps)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware It is necessary to connect OpenSprinklet to Acess Point?