Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ferenc.nemeth
    Participant

hi

when i would like to view logs, there are no entries found. The bottom of the page, there is a line that shows this mornig NORMAL program ran.
    The latest firmware is on the device 2.1.6 I tried clear logs but nothing cahnged. Can you help me?

best regards

feri

Ray
    Keymaster

Which version of OpenSprinkler hardware do you have? Note that log requires microSD card, and microSD card is only included by default for OS 2.3. If you have an earlier version of OpenSprinkler, you need to insert a microSD card yourself. It’s located under the LCD close to the top edge of the board.

Phil Maron
    Participant

Hi Ray. I am having this exact same problem. I have occasionally seen log enties for a short time after a station or program has run but the next time I look the entries have gone. It looks like the log is resetting periodically. My hardware is 2.3-AC with firmware version 2.1.6. This morning I removed the SD card and had a look at it but only found files in the log directory which have a create date somewhere in the year 2000. I have tried resetting the OS device and importing my config with no improvement. I have also tried disabling and re-enabling logging but the problem persists. I’m not sure it has any bearing but I am connecting to OS with Homeseer HS3 using their Opensprinkler plugin. I just thought it was worth mentioning even if I am not using Homeseer at this stage for any control. I have tried using Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer as my browser and clearing any caches but this has no effect.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Ray
    Keymaster

The only way log would be resetting wold be deleting the log explicitly. Even resetting the device wouldn’t automatically delete the log. I think the creation time doesn’t really matter because unlike a Linux system, OS is an embedded server and I think the SD card library doesn’t use the current time stamp when writing a file. However, the file name indicates the day the file was written. It’s the epoch time divided by 86400 — for example, today (June 11, 2016)’s time stamp is 16963, and the log file generated today would be under name 16963.

When you check log, it defaults to show only the past few days of log records. If you want to change to a longer period you need to set the time period.

Phil Maron
    Participant

Thanks Ray. Given what you’re saying it definitely seems to me that there is some kind of bug or issue with OS. The date range I use seems not to make any difference at all. It just says that there are no entries in the selected date range. Is there anything I could try to see what is going on?

Phil Maron
    Participant

I have now logged a support ticket for this issue.

Steve
    Participant

Phil/Ray, did you ever resolve this? I’m having the same issue on same hardware and firmware.

–Steve

Phil Maron
    Participant

Steve,
    This was resolved by replacing the memory card. I have no idea whay the original one no longer worked but once the new one was installed all of the issues disappeared.
    Cheers,

Phil

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.