OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Manual operation with count down timer feature request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kkpwrh2o

Hi Samer,

I turned a valve on manually the other day and completely forgot it was on for several hours.

To prevent this in the future, would you please consider coding a feature that lets a user manually activate a valve with an adjustable timer that will turn the valve off after the timer counts down?

Thanks,
    Kevin

wyone
    Participant

isn’t that what the run once program does now? I use it to water my garden when it needs additional moisture from the standard program

Ray
    Keymaster

Just to chime in on this topic: the run-once program allows setting a timer, also, the manual operation mode in the standard front end (i.e. by typing in the ip address in a browser, instead of using the app) allows setting a timer as well. In any case, run-once program is recommended as it automatically returns the controller back to program mode (while the manual operation mode will leave the controller in manual mode until you switch it back).

Samer
    Keymaster

I think @wyone and @ray are right about run-once being preferred. I personally use manual mode for debugging purposes (testing sprinkler head, water line, wiring, etc). Otherwise, run-once can handle the timers per station.

With all of this said, like @ray said, the OpenSprinkler has the option for timers in manual mode. So, I can add this feature, if people are interested. Just let me know.

kkpwrh2o

All,

Thanks for the advice. I’ll use the run once program.

Regards,
    Kevin

wyone
    Participant

So I have a question, and it is probably one of those technically things I don’t grasp, but if the run once program allows you to set a different time for each zone, why can’t that be used in the normal program mode rather than the process of setting up all the zones with the same time on a separate timer. I currently have 8 zones, but four different time needs, so I had to set up a program for each time period. It would be awesome to just set it up using the sliders for each zone like the run once program.

Anyway, you know how I am, I ask a lot of questions about things I don’t understand and gain my knowledge from all you experts 🙂 🙂

Samer
    Keymaster

@wyone The original program was constrained by memory and therefore to make programs use less space a shared duration was used. This code was then mirrored to the Raspberry Pi version. Then I built a mobile front end for both (shared API).

I think in your situation, ironically, it would probably be taking up more space than individual station timers, haha. We will see how this evolves now that space issues are changing. If change does occur, so long the mobile front-end can delineate v2.0 and below versus 3.0(?), I can append my mobile app for support in either situation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Manual operation with count down timer feature request