Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jmw_opensprinkler
    Participant

I am thinking about using OpenSprinkler for some Mist Timing Cycles.
    From looking at video tutorials on the timer programs it looked like it would be possible but wasn’t sure.

I would like to run a zone for something like this
    Every 10 minutes open for 10 seconds from 8am to 5pm every weekday

Is this kind of timing possible thru the OpenSpinkler Timer programs and/or the Web app?

Thanks
    Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, you can set it to start at 8am, set the cycle to run 10 seconds, 40 cycle repeats.

I think 10 seconds is too short, the solenoid turning on and the water running to number of spray units would take 10 seconds.

You could also run just the 10 second spray cycle from a remote server via API calls over WIFI possibly using IFTTT.

jmw_opensprinkler
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ian.
    I was just using the 10 second time for example to express a pretty short time not like regular irrigation times.

I would adjust the time to whats needed based on actual timing and output. It would probably be closer to 30 sec to a minute.

Hopefully one day I can set up a sensor to detect the water. Basically I would run until the sensor detected the mist, water built up.

The timer I currently use has two contacts close together and when it has water on it can stop the program.

Ive never trusted it though so I keep a plastic bag over it. LOL The manual recommended some silicone between the contacts to disable but I didn’t do that because I thought one day I might use.

Thanks also for the programming tip. Yes eventually I would like to incorporate external calls to start a mist cycle. Would love to get some weather data and maybe change the mist time based on temperature. As the day gets hotter, I would increase the mist time.

I travel with work 80% f the time, so getting remote access is what drove me to start looking for solutions. Present timer works well but recently had either a battery issue or solenoid issue. I left it out all winter last year so didn’t take very good care. Hoping to get some flow monitoring also. That way I can verify actual water flow. Might even set up two valves with OpenSprinkler that way I can start the other one if it appears the other valve isn’t working. Trying to get some backup plans in place. Using the wife to monitor and/or actually open some stuff isn’t cutting it, LOL!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.