OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware MQTT in 2.19(4) and stationnames

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bicmac
    Participant

Hi,
    first of all thx for implementing MQTT in your Device.
    now i can easy see status in my homeautomation system.
    I just want to ask if there is any way (and plan) to provide more topics and later also to give us the chance to send comands using MQTT to OS.
    As small first step i really would like to have station name also in the topic for station. Is there a way to get that included fast?

bicmac
    Participant

maybe also a “still” alive topic which tell the broker if the OS is still connected every 5 (or whatever) minutes would be nice.

therealdb
    Participant

I also think water level is useful. I usually log it and I think it could be useful with the message announcing a station started.

bicmac
    Participant

@Ray: is there any plan to include more topics in next FW version? and if yes which one?

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes we do plan to add more topics in the future. It’s difficult to accommodate everyone’s need, but given that the project is completely open-source, you can feel free to add your own topics as needed and customize it anyway you want.

“still” alive topic — isn’t this already supported? At least when I was using mosquitto_sub to monitor the subscribed topics, when the firmware is offline, it receives a opensprinkler/availability offline message.

water level can be added, that’s not a problem.

station started: this is already supported.

therealdb
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I know it’s open source, but I’m not that proficient in C++ – otherwise I’d be more than happy to help with some code.

I was speaking of the ability to get the water level with the station started message. I’m successfully using the MQTT messages, but I still need to perform an HTTP call in order to get the water level, which defect the purpose of not polling via REST API and use MQTT 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware MQTT in 2.19(4) and stationnames