OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use My Garage-Wall Installation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ozGremlin
    Participant

In the spirit of sharing, I thought I’d post some pictures of my garage-wall installation.

The controller is an OSPi with the latest version of the zone expansion module attached. For a variety of reasons, I elected to utilise Cat-5 wire that was lying about the garage, and made use of one wire in each run for the common, or power. While this had some benefits, it did make the wiring a little less straight forward as the controller wiring is set up in banks of eight.

I’m only using 13 valves at the moment, but ran extra wiring while that was still easy to do.
    The “awesome” cabinetry came about because I realised how susceptible the controller would be to impacts from virtually anything in the garage, so I set about using stuff I already had to provide a protective layer.
    There are a few plans around to make use of those wires to drive some relays for controlling external lights, but that’s a whole other project!
    The business end of the system Is provided by a 12-valve manifold, controlled by a master valve in a custom built valve box.

The system is fed either by rainwater via a pressure activated pump, or via mains water, with a manual switch over solution.

It’s been running quite nicely for a few weeks now, and the good lady/home commander is quite pleased!

Ray
    Keymaster

Cool. Thanks for sharing the nice pictures!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use My Garage-Wall Installation