OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) New plugin and fork to support sunrise and sunset program timing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

navy2x
    Participant

I’ve been working on a fork of Dan’s python ospi program that supports automatically timing a program based on the sunrise and sunset times in a particular zip code. I had a particular use where I wanted to control a string of lights in my backyard so they would turn on at sunset and then off at a specified time. I also wanted the lights to turn on at a specified time in the morning and then turn off near sunrise. The plugin will automatically create (and then modify once created) two additional programs on the OSPi every 12 hours according to the sunrise/sunset times for your zip code. While I was writing and testing the plugin, I found that rain delay and weather adjustments were interfering with the timing of these programs. To get around this I had to create a fork of Dan’s main program and alter the schedule.js and ospi.py files slightly.

The plugin currently only supports one station being used and this station must have the “Ignore rain” setting checked. Attached is a screenshot of the plugin. Bear in mind I am a novice in python and in using github so my commit history is quite messy. If anyone has suggestions or requests I would be happy to hear and keep them in mind for future updates.

You can find my fork here: https://github.com/alustig/OSPi

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I just want to point out that for those using the OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware — it also supports using sunrise or sunset times to define a program’s start time, and additional you can set a station’s run time to be sunrise to sunset time or sunset to sunrise time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) New plugin and fork to support sunrise and sunset program timing