• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pyro_104

Hi,
    I’ve just built an opensprinkler (v1.4u) kit and was having no problems until I tried to access the web interface. The kit assembled fine, voltages check out OK, LCD and menu functions work fine, self-test mode works fine and the unit connects to my network fine (with static IP 192.168.1.8) and I can see it connected via my routers management page. The only problem I have is trying to access the web interface. When I do (via Chrome browser or IE 9) all I get back is a blank page. If I look at the page source however it appears something is coming back:

Any idea what is happening – would a firmware re-flash be worthwhile? Note that the router/network it is connected to is not connected to the internet.

Another question – not sure if it’s a problem: When operating (i.e. holding open) my solenoid makes an audible vibrating noise. Is this normal? It is a 24VAC solenoid (labelled “811 Solenoid, 24V 50Hz, inrush amps 0.34, holding amps 0.20”).

thanks for any help
    Aidan

Ray
    Keymaster

Sounds like an issue with your browser not able to access the Javascript. If you type in the following in your browser:
    http://rayshobby.net/scripts/java/svc1.8/home.js
    what do you get? Note that because the Javascripts are stored on the rayshobby server, your browser needs to be able to access the Internet. On the other hand, the controller itself does not need to access the Internet in order to run programs.

For the noise problem: it’s normal to have an audible noise. But if it’s loud vibrating noise, you should check 1) if the solenoid is ok (the easiest way is to try a few solenoids and see if they all make that kind of noise); and 2) check if you’ve soldered the resistor networks correctly — the two resistor networks (RN2, RN3) above the triacs must be of type 330ohmx4 or 220ohmx4, if the resistance is more than 330ohm, the triac won’t fully open, causing the noise problem.

pyro_104

Ray,

Thankyou for the quick reply. You are absolutely right. I was under the mistaken impression that if I accessed the controller without an internet connection I would just get a “less pretty” non-Java version of the interface. Once I put my computer and the controller onto the same network as the internet connection the interface shows up fine.

I had a look at the resistor networks an they look correct and I don’t see any soldering defects. As suggested I’ll try with another solenoid and see what the result are.

Great kit – thanks for the help and good work. Time to build the second one for the folks…

Aidan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.