OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use OpenSprinkler Integration with Home Automation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mikeb

A picture of my OpenSprinkler controller probably looks like most of the other OpenSprinkler installations. Not really a good candidate for a post in “Pictures and Creative Use”. What makes my irrigation system a “Creative Use” is the integration of OpenSprinkler with HomeSeer home automation software.

I have OpenSprinkler running in manual mode. All on/off commands are sent to OpenSprinkler from HomeSeer. There are a couple reasons that I use HomeSeer to schedule on/off commands to OpenSprinkler. One… just for fun! Two… my Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station is integrated with HomeSeer which allows me to know when it has recently rained. I live the high desert region of Oregon, so if we have had more than .05 of an inch of rain either today or yesterday, the irrigation schedules will not run.

The OpenSprinkler/HomeSeer integration is possible thanks to the BeakerRain HomeSeer plugin which sends on/off commands to OpenSprinkler. The plugin was written by reidfo on the HomeSeer forum.

This is my list of irrigation zones in HomeSeer. If the Irrigation Mode is On, the irrigation schedule will run. If the Irrigation Mode is Off, the schedule will not run. This provides a manual method of turning all schedules on or off.

These are a few of the HomeSeer events that define when and how long each zone will run.

djagerif
    Participant

Nice.

Ray
    Keymaster

Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use OpenSprinkler Integration with Home Automation