OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler (not OSPi!) Firmware 2.0.3 Released

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Keymaster

Hi,

A quick update that firmware 2.0.3 for OpenSprinkler 2.0 and 2.1 (note: the microcontorller-based OpenSprinkler, not OpenSprinkler Pi!) is now available on Github. This version provides an option to use (but does not require) a microSD card to store Javascripts. The main changes are:

– Provided an option to change Javascript url. The default path is http://rayshobby.net/scripts/java/svc2.0.3. To change it, use
    http://x.x.x.x/su
    where x.x.x.x is your OpenSprinkler’s IP address.
    To host the Javascript locally on the uSD card, follow the instructions below to prepare the uSD card, and then change the Javascript url to
    (i.e. dot)
    – Fixed a bug that can lead to incorrect running time when NTP sync takes too long (longer than a station’s water time).
    – Added support for MCP7940N RTC (pin compatible with DS1307)

The link to Github repository is https://github.com/rayshobby/opensprinkler. You can either download the entire package as a zip file (use the Download Zip button) or do a git clone. The subfolder of compiled firmware is: opensprinkler / OpenSprinkler Controller / software / compiled /

Note that since OpenSprinkler semi-assembled DIY 2.1 is out, and 2.1 uses different microcontroller frequency and flashing procedure compared to 2.0, please check the README.txt in the hardware 2.0 folder for details. To avoid confusion, firmwares pre-compiled for 2.0 is named firmware2.0.3_8MHz.hex and that for 2.1 is named firmware2.0.3_12MHz.hex

Due to the number of different versions, I am considering writing a GUI-based software to make it easy for users to update firmware in the future 🙂

djagerif
    Participant

I downloaded the zip file from Github containing all the software updates but I can’t get 2.0.3 to compile. It seems there is an issue with either the twi.h/twi.cpp files. It complains about incorrect number of arguments so it seems a new version of these are required. Unfortunately it’s not included in the zip file so I can’t go any further.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Ingo

Ray
    Keymaster

Oops, I have forgotten to check in firmware 2.0.3 source code. Just did it a minute ago. The twi issue was because some old Wire.cpp / Wire.h files were left in the folder. They are now removed. Check to see if the newly checked in files work. Also if you have hardware 2.1 make sure you also update your Arduino/hardware/aopensprinkler/boards.txt file as it contains the board profile for 2.1 (runs at 12MHz with USbasp bootloader, vs. 2.0 running at 8MHz with USBintyISP programmer).

flyrobot
    Participant

Hi Ray,

Im trying to host the javascript locally (on uSD card), i dont understand your instruction here :
    “To host the Javascript locally on the uSD card, follow the instructions below to prepare the uSD card, and then change the Javascript url to . (I.e. Dot)”

My question is :
    1. Where to download the javascript file?
    2. What is the uSD format should i use?

Thanks,

John

djagerif
    Participant

Thanks Ray. With the new source code I can compile and run OS with the javascript files on the SD card. The strangest thing is that the ‘view options’ script is the only one that doesn’t execute from the SD card, all the others are working fine.

That’s not all folks!! If I run it using Chrome then the script executes. Has anyone tried using IE 11 and checking this one script?

For Info – My page source:

Ingo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler (not OSPi!) Firmware 2.0.3 Released