OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use OpenSprinkler v2.1s + Zone Expansion Board v2.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ramblinwreck
    Participant

Here’s my install. I have a 10 station (1 Master Valve + 9 irrigation zones) system, and therefore I needed the expansion board. OpenSprinkler Replaced a Hunter Pro-C controller, but I was able to re-use the existing cabinet. I had to grind out some of the old plastic bosses (that supported the Hunter components) so that the OS parts would fit nicely. I used a combination of existing mounting holes and zip-ties to mount the OS boards. Power, zones, COM, and rain-sensor all wired up directly and everything works well.

My next project is to run the ethernet cable neatly in the walls/attic, but that can wait a bit as it’s over 100 degrees here in central Texas right now. 😀

Original Pro-C controller:

Original Pro-C wiring (behind the Hunter face plate):

OS boards mounted:

Final result:

NOTE: A few wires are unconnected:
    – Existing Hunter transformer had a ground wire, this is unconnected here (green wire on left) and is capped and hidden behind the main board.
    – A Hunter “smart port” was wired in to the original controller, enabling the service guys to plug a remote control into the system on the exterior wall of the garage, obviously that isn’t connected to OS and so is tucked away on the right side (coiled bundle of red/white/blue wire).

I’m keeping these wires in the box so I can reinstall the old controller if need be — when I sell the house or if I have problems with OS (hopefully not!).

-Chris

Ray
    Keymaster

Cool. Thank you for sharing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use OpenSprinkler v2.1s + Zone Expansion Board v2.0