I am looking to implement some form of OpenSprinkler to replace my existing system. I am fairly technical, can code, and have done a few Raspberry Pi projects and know my way around Raspian and Linux in general. So, I am trying to decide if I should get an OSPI + RPi or get the all-in-one OpenSprinkler. So my questions:
1. Does the all-in-one OpenSprinkler have a Raspberry Pi inside, or is it some other type of microcomputer.
2. Is the all-in-one OpenSprinkler running Rasbian or a similar OS?
3. Can I log into (probably SSH) the all-in-one OpenSprinkler and setup my own programs/scripts/whatever and stuff to run on the system like I can on a Pi?
4. Would the OSPI work well with a Raspberry Pi Zero if I wanted to run a few other things on it or is it too low spec?
5. Does the all-in-one OpenSprinkler have other GPIO type pins (maybe inside the box and not exposed?) that can interface with other things?
I know I would enjoy the all-in-one OpenSprinkler, but I know I would likely leverage also having a RPi in the same location.
I searched the forums and FAQ and couldn’t get the answers I needed.