Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alanwbaker
    Participant

Hello,

When I view my OSPi’s log, it appears to show all scheduled programs, even those that didn’t run because they were suppressed by rain delay.  Is this correct?

Alan

Dan in CA
    Participant

Alan,

That is not the expected behavior. I’ll take a look.

Dan

mrabe
    Participant

I thought I was crazy when I thought i saw this too!

alanwbaker
    Participant

Dan, I stated the problem incorrectly.  The actual situation is that rain delay suppression ends prematurely, allowing the programs to run at their scheduled times.  The log is correct.

Alan

Dan in CA
    Participant

Alan,

Thanks for the additional input. I have been running some tests but didn’t see the problem yet.

This will give a better direction for testing. what rain delay times have you been using?

Dan

alanwbaker
    Participant

Dan,

I’ve used a variety of delay times from 3  to 30 hours.  Most recently I specified 6 hours rain delay and when I checked an hour later, the status of “Suppressed by rain delay” had reverted to “Off” as shown in the attachment below.

Alan in CA

Attachments:

djagerif
    Participant

Dan,

Perhaps there should be a clear explanation on exactly how the Rain Sense/Rain Delay function works. From what I’ve seen is that while the Rain Sense input is active then it prevents any program from running. If you now set a 6H Rain Delay then this value counts down from 6 to 0 ONLY while the Rain Sense input is active. As soon as it ‘dries out’ then the 6H delay also cancels and the stations start to run again. I would have thought that the countdown would continue and only after 6H would stations be allowed to run again. That said, if it triggers before the Rain Delay timer expires it should probably reset back to the saved Rain Delay timer of 6H, right? OR I have it completely wrong 🙂

Ingo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.