OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App OSPi webapp Run Once issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

craigmw
    Participant

This is a minor issue, but I notice that the web application reports 24 stations on the Run Once Program page, while the interval program properly reports 16 stations. My system has 1 extension board, and thus 16 stations. From within the webapp, the device settings have the number of extension boards set to 1. I’m guessing that there may be a calculation error for the number of stations using the number of extension boards. This is also the case for the Manual Control and other pages that list the stations (e.g. 24 instead of 16 stations).

Samer
    Keymaster

That is very odd. All of my testing is done with 16 stations and properly renders all 16 stations. Which version of the web app are you using and which version of the interval program?

Update: Ray kindly added a mobile webapp sub forum and it would be nice to start organizing posts that way.

Samer
    Keymaster

To be clear, the webapp does no calculations for extension boards. It simply requests the station names from the firmware. In the case of the interval program this information is stored in snames.txt and is retrieved by navigating to:

http://rpi_IP:8080/vs

This should show you the snames object which is parsed for station names. This should be trimmed to the appropriate number of stations when sent (at least it is on the Arduino firmware).

Therefore, this might be a bug in the interval program returning everything in snames.txt without parsing out how many stations exist.

Try trimming your snames.txt manually and see if that fixes the issue.

Update: Looking a little closer, I suppose I could check the nboards variable on the /vs page and parse it myself. I haven’t in the past because I assume the firmware did this for me. Please let me know if this is something I should add/fix.

craigmw
    Participant

Interesting, maybe the station names file was corrupted. BTW, the version of the webapp is 4513605 as listed under about.

On the Station Names page in the interval program (on the address you listed), 16 stations are listed. On the options page, 1 extension board is listed. However, the snames.txt does appear to show 24 stations. So, it does seem that the corruption occurred in this file. I wonder what might cause this?

craigmw
    Participant

Okay, this is very strange behavior. In the interval program, I set the number of extension boards to 0, saved it and then went back and set this to 1. This seemed to solve this problem. Sorry for directing this to you, as it does not seem to be a bug in the webapp.

Samer
    Keymaster

Not sure to be honest, I tried changing my extension boards to 2 and 3 and reverting them back to 1. This produced the expected result of showing only 16 stations. I assume during one of the upgrades of the interval program something went wrong. Hopefully after the manual intervention of fixing snames.txt this will never happen again.

However, I will fix this permanently tonight by incorporating some logic into my get_stations() function.

Update: I added this fix which also fixed another bug. Hope this helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App OSPi webapp Run Once issue