OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware password reset – settings file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Patrick
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to reset the web interface password from the console and couldn’t find the Unified Firmware stores its settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Patrick

Ray
    Keymaster

I assume you are referring to OSPi. On OSPi the firmware stores settings in the folder where the firmware code exists. By default, it’s at ~/OpenSprinkler-Firmware. There is a file called ‘nvm.dat’. You can rename it (or delete it) and that will reset everything to factory defaults.

Patrick
    Participant

Ray, thanks! that was exactly what I was looking for. Great project, works beautifully! Many thanks!

Paul
    Participant

Hi

I have access to my Opensprinkler PI when I SSH across so I know that I have a connection to it. The port forwarding appears to be working because the logon page appears when I type in the address. The issue is that I re-enabled the password but I don’t know what the password actually is. I tried following the password reset in the forums and I edited the SD.JSON File with the default password but this didn’t work. Any suggestions? I’m currently using version 3.2.43

Thanks
    Paul

Ray
    Keymaster

I am not aware of version 3.2.43. Is that the version of the firmware? If so, you are probably not using the OpenSprinkler Unified firmware and instead are using a third-party firmware, which is not written by us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware password reset – settings file