OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Port 8081 Not Connecting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

boilermanc
    Participant

Everything has been running fine for months now. I wanted to change the port from 8080 to 8081 which I did in the app. Now I cannot connect to it. I have rebooted the pi but no joy. I can access it through ssh. Two questions, thoughts on why it wont work on 8081 and is there a file in there that I can update it from 8081 to 8080 so at least I can get back to it.

thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

If you can ssh to Pi, you can go to the folder where the firmware is installed (generally your home folder OpenSprinkler-Firmware subfolder), then rename nvm.dat to something else, like nvm.bak, then reboot Pi. This will basically trigger a firmware reset and it will recover the port number of 8080.

The renamed nvm.dat has all your configurations preserved and there is a way to use a binary file editor to directly edit that file to change the port to something else.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Port 8081 Not Connecting