OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Power over Ethernet?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Wilsona13

Hi, is it possible to power the OpenSprinkler from the Ethernet? I have searched the forums and specs and I don’t believe it is currently supported. If this is correct, what would be involved in adding this support? I am considering using a HomePlug which also provides powered Ethernet to connect an OpenSprinkler.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Ray
    Keymaster

Some users have asked about power over ethernet (PoE), either offline, or in the old Google Group forum. You are right that it’s not currently supported. I don’t own a PoE device, so I can’t tell what modifications would be necessary to make it work with OpenSprinkler.

Wilsona13

I think I have an alternate solution – TP-LINK TL-POE10R POE Splitter. This box takes in the Ethernet connection that carries the POE and splits out the power to a separate socket.

http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/?model=TL-POE10R

However, now need to confirm that the power supplied is compatible with the OpenSprinkler. Seems that the splitter only provides 12V and the OpenSprinkler controller and sprinkler valves require 24V. I have seen sprinkler valves running at 9V or 12V however? Does this make a difference?

merlino

Hi,
    first of all thanks for your job!
    I’d like to use opensprinkler pi but i have this question: i can use PoE with a 24v splitter but problem is that POE use VDC not VAC.
    And second things:
    220Vac to 48Vdc (switch), then 24Vdc to opensprinkler pi, Vdc to Vac, Vac to Vdc to 5v 😮
    sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand my worries

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Power over Ethernet?