OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Problem with ‘New Install’ Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

fsped09

I got to the “New Install” screen, entered in the information but when I click Submit I get a message “Settings have NOT been saved. Check IP and port settings and try again.” I have checked the IP address and it is the same address I used on my web browser to get to the page in the first place. I am assuming that the port is 80 but I have tried adding it to the IP like this 192.168.2.130:80. I have also tried port 8080, 22, 123 with zero success.

I ran netstat -tulpn and next to my IP under is :123

Not sure what I’m doing wrong here. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Samer
    Keymaster

@fsped09 Based on what you told me you are trying to setup the PHP web application up on your Raspberry Pi which is attached to an OSPi running Dan’s interval program. Is that correct?

If so, are you using the latest of all the software? If you don’t mind I will need some more information because the mobile app has diversified and now offers native variants available in the app stores (Apple, Google, and Microsoft).

fsped09

@salbahra – Thanks for the response. I’ve used the instructions outlined on this page: http://rayshobby.net/?p=7606. I plan on using OpenSprinkler on my Droid, but for now I was simply testing via Google Chrome on my PC. I put in myipaddress/sprinklers and arrive at the set up page, but I’m unable to progress further. I’m a bit of a newbie when it comes to all this so I’ve just been following the instructions verbatim. I’ve run the sudo apt-get update command and more than a few items were updated. I rebooted my OSPi, accessed the web ui and I get the same results.

Is there specific information you need from me? I’d be happy to provide whatever details you’ll need to assist with this. Thanks again.

Samer
    Keymaster

May I suggest you try the native apps instead? Or do you prefer the PHP web app?

I’m trying to move away from the PHP version for this very reason. It’s complicated setup, confusing IP and port settings, and just kinda clunky. The native apps are as easy as downloading an app and works with all devices now (pending update on iOS).

fsped09

I certainly could use that, but I thought that this interface was a lot nicer, unless I’m confused? Also, from the Play Now store, is the correct app OpenSprinkler? or would I just be using a web interface with the native app? Thanks.

Samer
    Keymaster

The native mobile apps have the same UI (with more updates actually). It is available in the Play store as Sprinklers https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.albahra.sprinklers

fsped09

So I went back into my Pi and ran ‘sudo /home/pi/select_program’ and I selected 1) interval program. The I go back to my browser and use: http:/x.x.x.x:8080. The UI successfully comes up, but then I can’t make any changes under the option page. For instance, if I try to change the name of the default system or add a password, I click ‘Submit Changes’ and the next page returns ‘unauthorized’

Also, I downloaded the app to my droid4 and installed it. (Thank you). When I use the scan function I get the erro ‘no devices were detected on your network’ When I do it manually, I get check IP/port again. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Samer
    Keymaster

You need to update the interval program. That SD image was made a while back. Simply cd into the directory and issue a: git pull.

Your options aren’t able to be changed because you aren’t supplying the password. After the submit button, is an input field for the password (default: opendoor).

fsped09

That was it. Thank you for the help. Where can I find info on setting this with remote access? Thank you.

Samer
    Keymaster

Glad that was it! For remote access there is no formal guide (yet). This is partially because I am working on a better solution than simply port forwarding however right now that is the only real option. Simply opening port 80 for your OpenSprinkler on your router will do the trick. If you need help port forwarding let me know.

If you are security conscious I suggest you take a look at @nayr’s post. This is the same method I use personally (but with 2 factor authentication as well). This method just gained support by the mobile application (iOS version still pending). For the SSL/proxy guide, it can vary in difficulty and does require some knowledge going in and most importantly requires another computer on your network.

Those are two main options right now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Problem with ‘New Install’ Page