OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Program start time based on sunrise/sunset

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rhys
    Participant

Now that OS can get sunrise/sunset times it would be great if a program start time could be set to something like “sunset – 1h” (sunset time minus 1 hour) or using minutes “sunset + 45m” (sunset time plus 45 minutes).
    In summer here I try to do the watering about an hour before sunset as everything has cooled a little from the heat of the day and so the water won’t just evaporate before getting a chance to soak into the ground.
    Of course with sunset times changing daily it’s not really feasible to change my program times daily so I’ve been using a rough average…
    Then in winter I prefer to do the watering in the morning about an hour or so after sunrise so the plants and ground are not too wet after sunset, even though it’s very rare to have frost where I am. So setting start time to something like “sunrise + 75m” would be terrific.
    It could of course potentially get more complicate if someone wants to water 15 minutes after halfway between sunrise and sunset (“(sunset – sunrise) / 2 + 15m”);)

I’d basically then setup a “summer” cycle and export the config and do the same for a “winter” cycle and then just import the relevant cycles when I need to.

Ray
    Keymaster

Using sunrise/sunset time (+/- an offset) in a program is being considered for the next firmware release. Thanks.

rhys
    Participant

upgraded to 2.1.3 and now using the sunset time option, this is great, thank you…

gary
    Participant

Disregard this, i figured it out.  I was clicking on sunrise and sunset, there was no button that said time, i didn’t realize until now that i could turn both sunrise and sunset off to revert it back to time (maybe add a message on that screen or an “Off” or “Time” button  for idiots like me?).

How do i turn this on and off?  I noticed that it appeared all of a sudden in a program, but i could not figure out how to get it back to regular time.

gary
    Participant

I have a question about the new sunrise/sunset feature.

If I want to use this for lighting i see how I can start the turn it on at sunset.  But how to I program it to turn off at sunrise?

Ray
    Keymaster

@gary, this is already discussed here:
    https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/announcing-opensprinkler-unified-firmware-2-1-3-for-avrrpibbblinux/
    basically, setting an ‘end time’ to a program is not supported at the moment, but we will consider it for future firmware upgrades.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Program start time based on sunrise/sunset