OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Rain delay from Yahoo Weather

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Samer
    Keymaster

Sounds good, thanks for looking!

Edit: By the way, I added woeid caching to my application, show the current weather on the main page now, and fixed a bug in the auto delay code. Let me know what you think.

Samer
    Keymaster

@andrew I just found a script online that uses some logic to process weather information and adjust for the OpenSprinkler. I don’t think its ideal however I think we should check it out and maybe harvest the logic from it and try to use it. Going to link it here so I know where to find it later but figured you might like to check this out as well.

Link: http://pastebin.com/G10uqSyZ

andrew
    Participant

Thanks, I had also stumbled onto this one. It’s unfortunate that so many weather services require the users to get an API key. Perhaps we could poll the community and see whether they’d be opposed to having to do that.

Zapp
    Participant

Regarding API keys…

It’s not that hard to get one, it is free in most places. Considering that all of the users have bought and installed either the OS or the OSPi, succsessfully! I firmly believe that applying for a API key and type it into the GUI can’t be that much of a problem.

My personal favorite would be Weather Underground but that’s just my opinion.

I already have an API key for World Weather Online, not because it’s the best but because another software project required it to get weather information into the GUI.

/Jonas…

Samer
    Keymaster

Is this any good? http://openweathermap.org/api#weather

It doesn’t require an API key (just suggests one) and seems to give rainfall data as well.

andrew
    Participant

I came across that one, but the problem was that the rainfall value was optional, and it wasn’t given in any of the sample queries that I ran. I don’t think we can depend on that one for rainfall quantities.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Rain delay from Yahoo Weather