OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Remote access fails with firmware 2.1.6 (1)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pat
    Participant

I upgraded my OSPi to the latest firmware, and since then my remote access hasn’t been rock solid. I get about a days worth of remote access if I reboot the Pi, then it just stops. Nothing. I am doing port forwarding (from outside 8082 to the Pi 8080), and it was never an issue until I upgraded.

I’m forwarding other things to that Pi and those are fine. Best I can tell it’s isolated to the OSPi software.

Any thoughts?

I could try to downgrade the package, but I forget how to do that in git.

App Version: 1.4.8
    Firmware: 2.1.6 (1)
    Hardware Version:OSPi – AC

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

Hmm, I can’t think of any reason why 2.1.6(1) would affect remote access — if you can access it locally on your network, then the rest is just port forwarding on your router.

To roll back to an earlier version, first go to the commit history:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Firmware/commits/master
    and identify the version that you’d like to roll back to. Then do a ‘git checkout xxxxx’ where xxxxx is the commit ID you can find out in the commit history. If you google ‘git check out an older commit’ you will find other ways to roll back with various options.

Pat
    Participant

I agree it’s strange behavior. Everything else being port forwarded to the Pi is going fine. Even port 80. It’s just OSPi on 8080 that’s not playing well with the port forward anymore.

I’ll roll back and see how it goes. Looks like commit 29f3b65 is 2.1.5. I’ll roll back to that and play around with some of it to see if I can nail it down.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Remote access fails with firmware 2.1.6 (1)