OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Remote Stations question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

djambalawa
    Participant

Hi I am just setting up a new system and will have a need to have a 2nd controller.

I see where I can specify a station to be a remote station on the main controller but I’m a bit confused. If anyone has the time to help I’d appreciate advice on the following questions..

1. I can configure say station 6 on my main controller to be remote – but station 6 surely points to the physical station 6 on that controller? Should I change the number of stations to say 16 and use one of the next 8 for it? Even though the 2nd controller is connected via tcp/ip and not daisy chained?

2. Two of the stations on the main controller will need to be switched on when I want to use one of the remote stations. The master station controls the pump via a relay, and another station will open a valve that is required by the remote stations. How do I do this? I thought perhaps I need the 2nd station on the main controller to also be a master but if I configure it as a 2nd master and save it doesn’t seem to stick – when I go back to that page there is no 2nd master.

Hopefully this all makes sense.. any help much appreciated.

Ray
    Keymaster

1) The association of a station on the master controller to a station on the remote controller is arbitrary. For example, you can associate station 1 on the master controller with any station on the remote controller. They do not have to have the same index. Note that when specifying a remote station, you need to give the IP of the remote controller, and station index.

2) To configure a second master station, go to Edit Options -> Configure Master -> and set a station for ‘Master 2’. Then Submit. Back to the homepage, click on the gears icon next to a station, and you should see both ‘Use Master 1’ and ‘Use Master 2’ flags.

djambalawa
    Participant

Thanks Ray sounds good.

djambalawa
    Participant

Hi Ray – I am configuring remote stations but the settings are not holding for some reason. When I set it to the ip and port, and station number it finds the other controller on the network. It even prompted me to set the 2nd controller as an extender. But it doesn’t work and when I go back and check the remote port configured on the master controller the settings I entered have disappeared.

Basically it goes back to being a standard station instead of a remote one.

Ray
    Keymaster

Remote station requires microSD card (because the settings will be stored on microSD card). On the LCD screen, do you see the microSD icon? If the microSD icon is not shown, that can explain why the settings are not saved properly.

djambalawa
    Participant

Ah I don’t have a microSD card so that will be it I hope cheers! Is that in the manual?

djambalawa
    Participant

Hi Ray it seems that it came with an SD card as the icon is on the screen.. so what should I try now? I can give you access to system if that helps?

Ray
    Keymaster

Sure. You can submit a support ticket and we can continue there (this way you don’t have to post private information publicly on the forum).

Anonymous
    Inactive

did anyone ever this fixed? having the same issue , first controller has sdcard, second controller is an RPI3

thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

You only need SD card for this feature if you are using OpenSprinkler 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2. OpenSprinkler 2.3 comes with SD card, OpenSprinkler 3.0 uses internal flash memory, and RPi already has SD card, so none of them needs SD card.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Remote Stations question