OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Running one schedule several times a day

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Michael
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I haven’t found anything describing this, so here it is:

Having sown new grass, I want to keep it wet. I created a short 10min-per-zone schedule, which I intend to run several times a day. So I schedule:
    – Weekly
    – every day ticked
    – no restrictions
    – 2 additional start times, checkboxes ticked

Still, only the first start time is observed, the other additional start times are not run and don’t show up in the preview. I’m running OsPi Unified Firmware, App Version 1.4.9 with Firmware 2.1.6(1) (which should be the latest one) on a Raspberry Pi 2.

Certainly, I could copy the schedule and create three separate ones, but that’s obviously not the point of being able to set additional start times, isn’t it?

Cheers,
    Michael

Ray
    Keymaster

What did you fill in the ‘repeat every’ field? For example, if you want the same program to run at 8:00am, 8:30am, 9:00am, 9:30am, you can set the program to start at 8:00am, repeat every 30 minutes for three times.

Michael
    Participant

Ray,

no, I didn’t because I want it to run three times during the day (10 am, 3 pm, 8 pm), but not at night. With “repeat” I can only set fixed times between the runs, but not the schedule I want. I could do it just to check it works, though.

Besides (I don’t have access to my sprinkler right now to check) I think you can only choose one option, repeat OR additional start times, right?

YT,
    Michael

Ray
    Keymaster

There are two types of ‘additional start times’: one is ‘repeating’ and one is ‘fixed’. ‘Fixed’ gives you three additional start times at specified times. ‘Repeating’ gives you more start times but they must be on a regular interval. With ‘repeating’ you can set how many times you want it to repeat, for example, 3.

If you have no more than 4 start times (including the first start time), you can use ‘fixed’ additional start times. If you need more than 4 start times, you need to use the ‘repeating’ start times. That’s it.

Michael
    Participant

Ray,

indeed, that is very clear and exactly how I understood it. Still, I have selected “fixed”, entered the additional start times, checked the checkbox and saved the run, but the additional times still don’t show up on the preview schedule and are not executed, either.

I think I used that last year (before I updated the firmware) and I think I remember that it worked then. Does it work on your system with the 2.1.6(1) firmware or should I try downgrading? It does seem like a bug to me.

Mike.

Ray
    Keymaster

I suggest that you export your configurations to a file and email it to [email protected] (or submit a support ticket). We need to import your configuration to see if we can reproduce the issue.

Michael
    Participant

Thanks, I started a ticket with the configuration attached.

Michael
    Participant

Please note: the problem is solved. It was definitively not an user error, but the cause was with my system. I re-compiled the latest version of OsPi, installed it and now it seems to work as expected. At least the additional run times show up in the preview (it’s raining atm so I don’t want to actually water).

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, that’s good to know. Still not certain about what was the cause in the first place, but at least it’s good to know it’s working now.

Michael
    Participant

Me neither. Probably a random compile error.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Running one schedule several times a day