OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Scheduling a non-existent station

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

vts
    Participant

I just purchased my OSPi and will have 5 sprinkler valves hooked up. They will replace 3 2-port Orbit hose timers that I was previously using. I will have one of the valves set up as a Master and 4 operating stations.

My question is this. Can I schedule for a non-existing station 5 to run after my real 4 stations have run, thus keeping the Master open longer? My thought is to connect one of the hose timers to the manifold (behind the Master of course) and use its built-in scheduler to run during the scheduled time that the fake station 5 would be “running”. In my “dry runs”, I have successfully run this fake station, meaning the Master stays open for the allotted time. I am just curious to know if there are going to be any issues with the electronics if I do this for 10-15 minutes a day for the rest of this summer.

I eventually plan getting more valves and adding them to OSPi, but for the time being, I would like to use what I have on hand.

Samer
    Keymaster

Yes you can absolutely use an unused station for this purpose without fear of damaging anything.

Ray
    Keymaster

Another option is to make use of the ‘Master On Adj.’ and ‘Master Off Adj.’ parameters. These allow the master station to stay on later or earlier than the station’s stop time. However, the parameter only goes up to a few minutes, so if you need more than a few minutes of delay, the solution you described is a better solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Scheduling a non-existent station