OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Setting Up WiFi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SoothingMist
    Participant

This is a basic question from a first-time user. I’ve read through the documentation and forums and can not find anything that gets me past this issue.

Am using OS v3.0 firmware 2.1.8, recently and happily received. It came with a two-page startup guide. Following the “Setting Up WiFi” section, things went well, apparently, until the last, fourth, bullet. By the time OS got to that point, it had disconnected itself from the router but kept saying “connecting”. So, I connected to the router and typed in the Client IP Address. A blank screen came up, not the expected interface. Reset OS several times to be sure I’d followed the instructions correctly, at least as I understand them. The same results always occur.

Browsers: Same result with MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Silk
    Op Sys: Windows 7 Pro, fully updated; Silk was on Amazon Fire’s version of Android
    Wireless Router: Netgear 600 without internet connection

Wireless configuration is attached. Used the 2.4G channel
    (Guest network is disabled)
    OS was configured to connect to the router in the same way that I would do if I wanted to access the router’s configuration page.

Many thanks to you all for your insights.

Best,

Peter.

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

I think you submitted a support ticket and we sent some suggestions to try. If there are further issues, you can continue with the support ticket.

SoothingMist
    Participant

Please forgive the delay in answering. The power supply for the router failed and I had to replace it. That was a difficult matter since the project is in Ethiopia. Have just replaced the power supply, read your suggestions and the manual (again), and have yet to succeed. Attached is an exposition on what I did and the results. Would be very happy for your input.

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

The laptop or phone you are using to access the controller — is that on the same network OS is on? (SoothingMist_2.4g) If it’s not on that same network, you won’t be able to access the IP address. From your PDF it looks that OpenSprinkler has clearly successfully connected to your router and obtained an IP (192.168.1.2). Does your router have Internet connection? If not, then you have to use the OpenSprinkler mobile app to access the controller, you cannot directly access it through a browser because that requires the router to have Internet access so the browser can obtain Javascript stored on remote servers. If you don’t have Internet, install the OpenSprinkler app on your phone and use that (the app has Javascript embedded).

SoothingMist
    Participant

OH MY !! Did not realize internet access was required. Thank you very much. I don’t have a smart phone so I’ll give it a go with internet access. Am at a conference this week but will get to it next week.

SoothingMist
    Participant

Began by connecting to OS. Then used its dialog to connect to an internet-enabled router. Everything went fine.

This case can be closed. Thank you very much.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Setting Up WiFi