Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Celeus

Hello, I’ve noticed these are out of stock- is there any information available on when they may be available again?

Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

OpenSprinkler Beagle (OSBo) is being re-designed. It probably won’t be ready until a month later. Thanks.

Celeus

Ah, thank you. I didn’t see any blog or forum entry about this- it would be interesting to hear about what changes are coming. Any pointers to additional information?

Ray
    Keymaster

The main change is to switch to use the OpenSprinkler injection-molded enclosure, in the same way as OSPi v1.4.

Ray
    Keymaster

A quick note that OSBo v1.1 is now available at:
    http://rayshobby.net/cart/osbo
    A new comprehensive user manual is also now available. See the product page above for link to the user manual. The OSBo pre-configured SD card image has also been updated, with the latest interval program v2 installed, and an updated RTL8192CU driver.

noski
    Participant

Hi ray, is there any difference between v1.0 and v1.1 other than change in layout?
    Openlab in Australia is still selling v1.0. Just want to know if I would be missing out on something new/important if I bought it?

Ray
    Keymaster

v1.0 and v1.1 are basically the same, the main differences are:
    – v1.1 uses the OpenSprinkler (injection-molded) enclosure, while v1.0 uses an off-the-shelf enclosure with custom cutouts.
    – v1.1 uses a slightly bigger relay while v1.0 uses a smaller relay (the relay is not used for sprinkler control, it’s there for extra, like switching garage doors and so on).

Other than these, the circuit design is the same. Because the OpenSprinkler enclosure was not design particularly for OSBo, to fit everything, on version 1.1 you can see from the pictures that BBB has to be plugged in at an angle. A few users didn’t like this and actually preferred v1.0. In any case, we don’t have v1.0 any more, only OpenLab still has a few left in stock.

noski
    Participant

Thanks Ray. Just for clarification, for the relay, by slightly bigger you mean v1.0 is rated 120VAC/2A and v1.1 is rated 250VAC/3A?

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, you are right, the relays are slightly different. Even though they are rated 120VAC, it’s really meant for low-voltage devices like low-voltage landscape light (<36V) and garage door opener. The PCB traces are not designed to handle powerline voltage. So because of that the two relays don't make that much difference.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.