OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Suggestions for the FW Update Instructions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DaveC
    Participant

My OS was using a static IP when I updated it from 2.1.4 to 2.15. I used a Win7 PC to do the update and had a problem (apparently unusual) with the Windows USB serial driver.
    Based on my first FW update experience here some suggested changes to the Instructions document.

In the Driver section change:
    o Hardware 2.2, 2.3 and above: http://raysfiles.com/drivers/ch341ser.exe
    (This is only needed for Windows XP; newer Windows systems do not need driver)
    To something like:
    (This is needed for Windows XP; newer Windows systems do not normally need the driver. If your system cannot configure the driver for the USB port, loading the driver may address the problem)

In the Update Firmware section:
    Add a note at the start of the section that says something like:
    NOTE: The FW update process will set OS back to factory defaults. This includes the IP configuration and password.

Item 5 should be changed to say something like:
    If the update is successful, you can use the web interface’s Import Configuration to restore your prior programs and settings.
    Note:
    You will need to log in with the factory password ‘opendoor’. The customized password be restored when the settings are restored.
    If you configured OS with a static IP address, OS will have a different (DHCP supplied) address after the update. Pressing B1 on the OS device will display its current address for you to connect with. After you import the configuration you will need to ‘Reboot’ the device for the restored static IP address to take effect.

I do not know if my statement above about the restoration of the static IP address is correct. When I did it, the web interface was still connected after the import so I manually made the IP address change and did the reboot. It didn’t occur to me until I was writing this, that the IP address was probably restored by the import and I only needed to do a reboot.

ShawnHarte
    Participant

Thanks for the information about the driver, I’m running Vista and needed the driver, my computer running Starter Edition did not. Good old Windows, just when you think you have it figured out, they mess with something that isn’t broken.

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for all the feedback! We will be incorporating your suggestions as soon as possible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Suggestions for the FW Update Instructions