OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Trigger two zones (valves) at the same time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dcaccount
    Participant

Hello,
    I have just started checking this nice product and I have a very basic question that is very important to me.

Does the software allow to trigger at the same times two different zones/valves?

I have i fact a watering line that has got two valves and I need to open them simultaneously.

Thanks for replying,
    Dan

dun4cheap
    Participant

Yes, you have the ability to set a station to run in sequential mode or not. So if you set station 1 and station 2 in non sequential. So if you then create a program to run station 1 and 2 for 10 minutes, they would start at the same time. You could also set on up as a master valve.

dcaccount
    Participant

Thanks for replying.

In fact evey time I activate one station, I also need to switch on the 24 VAC pump relay simultaneously with the station activated.

So if I have an area that needs opening of two valves and switching on a relay at the same time, I just need to create a program that opens simultaneously the two valves and powers the relay.

Is that correct? Would the software handle this?

Could you please post a screenshot of the program page showing something similar?

Thanks for clarifying.
    Dan

dun4cheap
    Participant

Dan,

I will try to later. I run irrigation and dusk to dawn area lights on the same controller. So I have a program for Lights, set to dusk and dawn, and this station I have sequential mode turned off. So this program turns on and will be running while I have another program running my irrigation simultaneously. Then their are some master valve control features which I do not use. So If you you set 3 stations to non sequential. You could put 1 on a program to be on from 4 hours starting at 2am, and run a 2nd program in between that time, with mixed sequential and non sequential stations in the same bunch.

Ray
    Keymaster

There are two ways to make multiple valves run at the same time. One is to use the ‘master zone’ feature. You can define up to 2 separate master zones, and have every zone associated with one or both of them. This way, when a zone is activates, its associated master zone(s) will also be activated. You can also adjust the time the master zone(s) will fire (for example, opening a few seconds after a zone is activated or closing a few seconds before a zone is deactivated etc.). The master zone is handled automatically.

If that’s not sufficient for your need, you can go with parallel zones: if you tick off the ‘sequential’ flag of a zone, that becomes a parallel zone and is allowed to run at the same time with other zones. You can set programs that include multiple parallel zones and they will all run at the same time. For example, if you have zone 1 as a parallel zone, and zones 2 and 3 are sequential, then in a program you can set zone 1 to open for 5 minutes, zone 2 to open for 2 minutes and zone 3 for 3 minutes. Then when the program runs, zone 1 will start together with zone 2, and continue running until zone 3 finishes. This is a more manual way to schedule multiple zones to run at the same time.

dcaccount
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Trigger two zones (valves) at the same time