OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Two controllers with unified program

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JohnBandy
    Participant

I have six sets of six valves to control and they are located 100 feet apart. I can control four sets from one master can an add on module but need to put another Master controller about 200 feet away. The farthest valve is another 100 feet away. If I ran a four wire line to an expansion module instead of another master the power would be running 300+ feet away. My question is can the software combine two or more master controllers and treat them as one so the station conflict function works? All my stations are on the same line.

Ray
    Keymaster

You can make use of the ‘remote station’ feature supported by OpenSprinkler. Specifically, you can have one controller as ‘master controller’ and the other as ‘remote controller’. Any station on the master controller can be set as a ‘remote station’ (by giving the remote controller’s IP and corresponding station ID). For example, you can set ‘station 4’ on the master controller to point to any station on the remote controller. When you open/close station 4 on the master controller, it actually sends a command to the remote controller to open/close the corresponding station. This way, all stations are in one page (i.e. on the master controller). Hope this makes sense.

JohnBandy
    Participant

I cannot believe how simple and intuitive your software is. A morning of removing my old flux capacitor x-10 relay kludge and re-weaving wire sets. I long walk to a distant box and adding the TP-link for controller number 2. I was so sure this would not work. Easy integration to 32 stations all using a master valve on main controller. All working perfectly. Now to the programming. Great work, guys!

Ray
    Keymaster

Thanks for your nice words 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Two controllers with unified program