OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Update planned for OSPi board?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

QMan
    Participant

Is there near-term plans to update the OSPi board to include the features now found on the new OSBo? Thx

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, I am hoping that version 1.3 will be ready in about a month of time. The plan is to include TVS, mini-relay, and a rain sensor terminal to OSPi.

QMan
    Participant

Thanks Ray, exactly what I wanted to hear.

Peppi

What new features does the OSBo have?

QMan
    Participant

Looks like version 1.3 was quietly released for OSPi now. Is there going to be a software update, or is it ready to go?

Ray
    Keymaster

You are right, we (including our distributor OpenLab in Australia) have started shipping OSPi 1.3. I didn’t have time to update the webpages yet, sorry about that. Will gradually put updated information online. The main changes in 1.3 are added rain sensor port, fuse, mini-relay, per-station TVS. These changes pretty much follow OSBo and OpenSprinkler 2.1.

The most recent software update is announced in Dan’s post here:
    viewtopic.php?f=28&t=467

QMan
    Participant

Are you removing the option of buying OSPi without the enclosure?

Ray
    Keymaster

The ‘without enclosure’ option has been discontinued a while back. We don’t offer this any more because it takes time and effort to prepare stock with different options.

QMan
    Participant

Just figured we could handle “insert OSPi A into Enclosure B” step since you do offer the enclosure separately without the OSPi. Projects like mine have a bigger enclosure planned, but certainly your choice of what is in the store. thx

Ray
    Keymaster

it’s a little complicated because the case and PCB screws are all packed together with the PCB and terminal blocks. To provide a ‘no enclosure’ option would require taking these screws out. The OSPis are all packaged in batches and sealed in anti-static bag, Since it’s difficult to predict how many ‘no-enclosure’ orders there will be, we’ve decided to just remove this option to reduce the overhead on our side. If you do not need the enclosure, you can contact us directly and we can make adjustment accordingly. We just don’t want to provide this as a public option. Thanks for understanding.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Update planned for OSPi board?