OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Update to 2.1.7 brings intermittent internet

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jordanthompson
    Participant

Has anyone else seen this? 2.1.3 never gave me any issues with networking, but I have had to manually reboot several times since the update.

Guy
    Participant

I am on the forum for the same issue; OS2.3 with 2.1.7 FW. The NIC shows a link light and activity, but I cannot access the web portal. The unit does continue to function, and the zones water. I’m trying a firmware upgrade to 2.1.9. It can take hours or weeks to hang. I’ll update when the problem reoccurs with 2.1.9 or when I’m confident the problem is resolved.

jordanthompson
    Participant

When this happens, how do you fix it? Restarting is not enough for me. I wind up playing with the ethernet cable, trying different ports on my switch, etc. I know this sounds like a network problem, but this is the only device I am having ANY issues with.

Guy
    Participant

I have to unplug power, wait 10 seconds and plug back in. When it boots back up it all works. I tried wiggling network cable, unplugging/plugging back in and it did not help. Only a power cycle worked. I upgraded to 2.1.9 a few days back. So far no issues, but sometimes it took a month or more. It could be a while before I know for sure the FW upgrade worked.

tmittelstaedt
    Participant

Never had this happen to me on 2.1.9 on an OSPi. I’m running a hardware ethernet to the Pi.

KSprinkler75
    Participant

I’ve been on FW 2.1.7 on Hardware 2.3 for a long time. The only time I had issues with network drops was when I was running wireless and the signal was way too weak in the garage. Solid inch of stucco is difficult for just about any wireless signal to penetrate.

I have a bundle of cables (including serveral Cat5e) run to the semi detached garage where OS is located but they are in the attic and I didn’t feel like moving everything so I could get a ladder in place. I ended up going with a TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Ethernet Adapter. It took me a while to find an outlet near one of my ethernet ports that was on the same bus bar in the same power box as the garage service panel. I have no issues with drops since plugging directly into the Powerline Adapter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Update to 2.1.7 brings intermittent internet