OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Using button on sensor input

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

starkeeper
    Participant

Hi,
    since several days I try to figure out how to use a maunal switch to enable a pump relay, which is connected to one of the zones. I got a OSPi with a Rasperry Pi Zero W.
    After fiddling around with the sensor input I had the most success by wiring the switch as opener between GND and SN1. But the problem is that the Programm assocaited with the switch is not triggered after 1 second. It takes a almost random time to hold the switch before the OSPI recognizes that the program must be started.

In previous attempts I had wired the switch as closer and experienced the problem that the progam was started randomly even without pushing the switch.

I know that there is an option for the sensor input to configure if this is a normally open input. But this option did not change behavior when using the switch as a closer.

From my two experiments I wonder if the sensor input has any sort of Pull-Up or Pull-Down? To me it seems that the input is not forced to a valid logic level sometimes and then is takes a random time to trigger the input.

I would appreciat any suggestions…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Using button on sensor input