OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions V1.2U Locking Up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kenbob

I have been having an issue with my V1.2U locking up on me. The display gets stuck at the time it locked up and the buttons are non responsive. I have tested the 5 and 3.3 voltage and everything checks out normal. I shorted the fuse together and removed my homemade RTC clock just to eliminate those as an issue, but it still locks up. It also locks up randomly, sometimes after 12 hours or 30 minutes. It hasn’t locked up while watering yet, but I am worried it will and then the system will be stuck on. Could the 5 volt regulator be causing the issue? I am using a 25VAC 600mA power supply purchased at Home Depot.

Ray
    Keymaster

The first thing I suggest is to check if your controller can successfully connect to your network. If network connection is not available, the controller will try to reconnect every couple of minutes. During reconnection it would appear as if it’s locked up. Setting a static ip can speed up the reconnection time.

kenbob

I am running a Raspberry Pi as a WiFi bridge. I have had a static ip set on the Opensprinkler and for some reason the combination of the two causes the Opensprinkler to lock up. I never had this issue before, but it could be that after updating the Pi something may have changed. So after it locked up again today with the Static IP, I pulled the network connection and the Opensprinkler still did not respond even after a few minutes. Any ideas why the NIC would cause it to lock up? I am going to set it to DHCP and see if I get the same results.

Samer
    Keymaster

Personally, I always do DHCP reservations through the router. It seems to be a lot less of a headache in the end. Just flip the device over, jot the MAC down, add to your router and plug the device in.

Devices like XIOS DS or AT&T Microcell refuse to let you set a static IP hence why I got pushed in this direction.

Just a suggestion going forward.

kenbob

Looks like when you bridge the Raspberry Pi it will use the same MAC address for both the bridged connection and the Wifi connection. I have tried setting it manually with no luck. You cannot set a rule for the MAC on the AP because of this issue, that is why I had to set it on the Opensprinkler itself. If you look at your AP you will see it flop between the ip address connected to the NIC and the ip address connected to the Wifi connection itself. When I hard-wire the Opensprinkler it functions with no issue. For some weird reason the Opensprinkler locks up hard with this configuration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions V1.2U Locking Up